Dr Cindy Heo is an Associate Professor of revenue management at the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne. Prior to joining EHL, She taught revenue management course at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and has delivered custom executive education programs on revenue management in Asia, Middle East, and Europe.
Dr Heo is a recipient of numerous research awards including EHL Researcher of the Year Award, Best Paper Award from APAC CHRIE conference and ICOT Young Scientist Award. Her scholarly research and industry consulting focus on the core strategic elements of revenue management, pricing and sharing economy. Prior to joining academia, she had extensive industry experience in the hospitality and tourism fields.
Dr Cindy Heo
- Revenue Management
- Heo, C. Y., & Blengini, I. (2019). A macroeconomic perspective on Airbnb’s global presence. International Journal of Hospitality Management (Accepted)
- Heo, C. Y., Blal, I., & Choi, M. (2019). What is happening in Paris? Airbnb, hotels, and Parisian. Tourism Management, 70, 78-88.
- Choi, M., Law, R. & Heo, C. Y. (2018). An investigation of the perceived value of shopping tourism. Journal of Travel Research, 57(7), 962–980.
- Heo, C. Y., Kim, S. S., & Kim, B. (2018). Investigating the impact of relationship quality during internship on Millennials’ career decisions and gender differences. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Education, 30(2), 71-84.
- Kim, B., Kim, S. S., & Heo, C. Y., King, B. Luxurious or economical? An identification of tourists’ preferred hotel attributes using best-worst scaling (BWS). Journal of Vacation Marketing (in press)
- Kim, B., Kim, S. S., & Heo, C. Y. Consequences of customer dissatisfaction in upscale and budget hotels: focusing on dissatisfied customers’ attitude toward a hotel. International Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Administration (in press)
- Heo, C. Y. (2017). New performance indicators for restaurant revenue management: ProPASH and ProPASM. International Journal of Hospitality Management. 61, 1-3.
- Qu, X., Heo, C. Y., & Lee, S. (2017). Consumers' perceptions of four dimensions of corporate social responsibility: U.S. hotel context. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 34(5), 694-707.
- Kim, B., Kim, S. S., & Heo, C. Y. (2016).Analysis of satisfiers and dissatisfiers in online hotel reviews on social media, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 28(9), 1915-1936.
- Heo, C. Y. (2016). Sharing economy and prospects in tourism research, Annals of Tourism Research. 58, 156–170.
- Heo, C. Y. (2016). Exploring group-buying platforms for restaurant revenue management. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 52, 154–159.
- Choi, M. J., Law, R., & Heo, C. Y. (2016). Trust of tourists toward shopping destinations: Scale development and validation. Tourism management, 54, 490-501.
- Masiero, L., Pan, B., & Heo, C. Y. (2016). Asymmetric preference in hotel room choice and implications on revenue management. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 56, 18-27.
- Choi, M., Heo, C. Y., & Law, R. (2016). Progress in shopping tourism. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 33, S1-S24.
- Heo, C. Y., & Lee, S. (2016). Examination of student loyalty in tourism and hospitality programs: A comparison between the United States and Hong Kong. Journal of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport & Tourism Education. 18, 69-80.
- Choi, M., Heo, C. Y., & Law, R. (2016). Developing a typology of Chinese shopping tourists: An application of the Schwartz' model of universal human values, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 33, 141-161.
- Heo, C. Y., & Hyun, S. S. (2015). Do luxury room amenities affect guests' willingness to pay? International Journal of Hospitality Management, 46, 161-168.
- Su. M., Heo, C. Y., & Leung, D. (2014). Hotel employees’ perception of the Statutory Minimum Wage Policy in Hong Kong. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 19(11), 1306-1326.
- Heo, C. Y., Lee, S., Mattila, A. & Clark, H. (2013). Restaurant revenue management: Do perceived scarcity of capacity in a restaurant and price difference matter? International Journal of Hospitality Management, 35, 316–326.
- Kang, K. H., Laura, S., Heo, C. Y., & Lee, S. (2012). Consumers’ willingness to pay for green initiatives of the hotel industry. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 31(2), 564-572.
- Heo, C. Y., & Lee, S. (2011). Influences of consumer characteristics on fairness perceptions of revenue management pricing in the hotel industry. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 30(2), 243-251.
- Lee, S., Koh, Y., & Heo, C. Y. (2011). Internationalization of U.S. publicly traded restaurant companies: Transaction cost economics perspective. Tourism Economics. 17(20), 465-471.
- Heo, C. Y., & Lee, S. (2010). Customers’ perceptions of demand-driven pricing in revenue management context: Comparisons of six tourism and hospitality industries. International Journal of Revenue Management, 4(3/4), 382-402.
- Lee, H., Hyun, S., & Heo, C. Y. (2010). Examining a model of website loyalty formation in the hospitality industry. Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, 22(4), 483-501.
- Hyun, S., & Heo, C. Y. (2010). Word of mouth formation in the chain restaurant industry. Journal of the East Asian Society of Dietary Life, 20(4), 606-618.
- Heo, C. Y., & Lee, S. (2009). Application of revenue management practices to the theme park industry, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 28(3), 446-453.
- Lee, S., & Heo, C. Y. (2009). Corporate social responsibility and customer satisfaction among US publicly traded hotels and restaurants, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 28(4), 635-637.
- 2017 Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence: a Highly Commended Paper
- EHL Researcher of the Year Award, March 2017
- Best Paper Award at World Conference on Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Research, May 2015
- Best Paper Award at Global Tourism & Hospitality Conference and Asia Tourism Forum, May 2014
- Young Scientist Award at International Conference on Tourism, Cyprus, June 2013
- Best Paper Award at APAC CHRIE Youth conference, May 2013
- Best Paper Award at EJTHR International Conference, June 2012
- Best Paper Award at Academic Paper Competition on Casino Management: July 2007