Gildas L'Hostis is a Senior Lecturer delivering courses in oenology (the knowledge of wine, wine service, production, economics, and tasting) at Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne. Coming from a background in the hotel industry, he gained experience managing catering units, food and beverage outlets, and in wine service (sommelier). He spent two years in Australia continuing his studies and working in the wine trade industry. As a teacher, he is specialized in subjects relating to food & beverage management, and particularly wine training, and he has taught in Tahiti, Switzerland and France. In his classes, Gildas shares his deep interest in the field of wine consumption and trade world-wide, and he examines the impact of cultural backgrounds on wine tasting. He is in particular interested in the world-wide wine teaching.
Mr Gildas L'Hostis
- Wine market
- Wine education
- How wineries build their reputation - Hospitality Insights
- On the Standardization of Wine Tasting and Education - Hospitality Insights
- Organic Wine and Fine Dining – is the Trend Becoming a Reality? (with Peter Varga) - Hospitality Insights
- Battle of the Wine Fairs: Prowein vs. Vinexpo - Hospitality Insights
- Study on job ads for a sommelier. Which are the most important diploma currently asked for a sommelier position. 6 countries studied .