Prashant Das, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor of Real Estate Finance at the Ecole hôteliere de Lausanne (EHL). At EHL, he developed and teaches courses in real estate finance, valuation and investment but also serves on the academic board. Dr Das has delivered masters’, executive and undergraduate level courses in Switzerland, the United States, China, India and Romania. Earlier, he served on managerial and engineering roles with several firms/organizations including HCL Infosystems Ltd. and Tata Consultancy Services.
Dr Das has been invited to speak on public forums such as the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and leading educational institutes globally. He often writes opinion editorials for popular media (magazines, newspapers, newsletters) on topics related to real estate finance and has been quoted/interviewed by international trade magazines and the national TV channel of India. Recently, Dr Das has been nominated for "Researcher of the year" and "Teacher of the year" awards at EHL. Besides, he has earned eight internationally competitive best research paper awards and a teaching excellence award from the Robinson College of Business (Atlanta).
Dr Prashant Das
- Hotel investments
- Commercial real estate
- Das, P., Coulson, E. & Ziobrowski, A., (Forthcoming) ‘Caste, Faith and Gender: Determinants of Homeownership in India’. Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics. [SSCI].
- Das, P.; Smith, P. & Gallimore,P. (2018). ‘Pricing Extreme Attributes in Commercial Real Estate: The Case of Hotel Transactions’. Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics, 57 (2), pp 264-296 [SSCI]
- Das, P., Bodenmann, G. (2017). Minimizing the Cost of Capital in Hotel Investments. In M. Pandian, Vasant; Kalaivanthan (Ed.), Handbook of Research on Holistic Optimization Techniques in the Hospitality , Tourism , and Travel Industry (2017th ed., pp. 191–207). Hershey, PA, USA: IGI.
- Das, P., & Thomas, C. R. (2016). Strategic development of REITs in India. Journal of Real Estate Literature, 24(1).
- Low, W., Das, P., & Piffaretti, C. (2016). The role of hotels in mixed asset portfolios: revisiting the asset-heavy versus asset-light debate. International Journal of the Built Environment and Asset Management, 1(4).
- Robinson, S., Singh, A. J., & Das, P. (2016). Financial impact of LEED and energy star certifications on hotel revenues. Journal of Hospitality Financial Management, 24(2).
- Das, P., Ziobrowski, A., & Coulson, N. E. (2015). Online Information Search, Market Fundamentals and Apartment Real Estate. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 51(4).
- Das, P. K., Freybote, J., & Marcato, G. (2015). An Investigation into Sentiment-Induced Institutional Trading Behavior and Asset Pricing in the REIT Market. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 51(2).
- Das, P. (2015). Revisiting the hotel capitalization rate. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 46, 151–160.
- Sah, V., Zhou, X., & Das, P. K. (2015). Does index addition add any new information? Evidence from REIT dividend forecasts. Journal of Property Research, 32(1).
- Das, Prashant; Sharma, D. (2014). Real Estate Finance in India (Hardcover). New Delhi: SAGE.
- Chinloy, Peter; Das, Prashant; Wiley, J. (2014). Houses and Apartments : Similar Assets , Different Financials. Journal of Real Estate Research, 36(4), 409–433.
- Das, P., & Wiley, J. A. (2014). Determinants of premia for energy-efficient design in the office market. Journal of Property Research, 31(1).
- Das, P., Sah, V., Sharma, D., Singh, V., & Galuppo, L. (2013). Real estate development process in india. Journal of Real Estate Literature, 21(2).
- Das, Prashant; Ziobrowski, A. (2013). The Relationship between Indian Realty Stocks and Online Searches. Journal of Emerging Market Finance, (November), 1–28.
- Das, P., Tidwell, A., & Ziobrowski, A. (2011). Dynamics of Green Rentals over Market Cycles: Evidence from Commercial Office Properties in San Francisco and Washington DC. Journal of Sustainable Real Estate, 3(1), 1–22.
- Best Manuscript Award (Apartments) from the American Real Estate Society, sponsored by NMHC (2018)
- Nambiar Developers Award for Best Paper in Real Estate from the Asian Real Est. Soc. (2016)
- Practitioner Research Award from the American Real Estate Society (2016)
- Paper of the Year award from Journal of Real Estate Research (2015)
- Best paper award (sustainability category) from the American Real Estate Society (2015)
- Best paper award (office category) from the American Real Estate Society (2012)
- GTA Teaching Excellence Award from the business school at the Georgia State University, Atlanta, USA (2012)