Prashant Das, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor of Real Estate Finance at the Ecole hôteliere de Lausanne (EHL). At EHL, he developed and teaches courses in real estate finance, valuation and investment but also serves on the academic board. Dr Das has delivered masters’, executive and undergraduate level courses in Switzerland, the United States, China, India and Romania. Earlier, he served on managerial and engineering roles with several firms/organizations including HCL Infosystems Ltd. and Tata Consultancy Services.
Dr Das has been invited to speak on public forums such as the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and leading educational institutes globally. He often writes opinion editorials for popular media (magazines, newspapers, newsletters) on topics related to real estate finance and has been quoted/interviewed by international trade magazines and the national TV channel of India. Recently, Dr Das has been nominated for "Researcher of the year" and "Teacher of the year" awards at EHL. Besides, he has earned eight internationally competitive best research paper awards and a teaching excellence award from the Robinson College of Business (Atlanta).
Dr Prashant Das
- Real Estate
- Applied Financial Econometrics
- Real Estate in South Asia, (edited volume) with R. Aroul & J. Freybote, Routledge Publications, UK, 2019.
- Real Estate Finance in India, with D. Sharma, SAGE, India, 2014.
- Das, P., Coulson, E. & Ziobrowski, A., (2019) Caste, Faith and Gender: Determinants of Homeownership in India’. Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics. [SSCI].
- Das, P.; Smith, P. & Gallimore,P. (2018). Pricing Extreme Attributes in Commercial Real Estate: The Case of Hotel Transactions. Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics, 57 (2), pp 264-296 [SSCI].
- Das, P., Ziobrowski, A., & Coulson, E. (2015). Online information search, market fundamentals and apartment real estate. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 51(4), pp 480-502. [SSCI].
- Red Pen Award from The Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management for excellence in refereeing services (2019)
- Practitioner Research Award from the American Real Estate Society (2019)
- Paper of the Year award from Journal of Real Estate Research (2015)
- Best paper award (sustainability category) from the American Real Estate Society (2015)
- Best paper award (office category) from the American Real Estate Society (2012)
- Best paper award (apartment category) from the American Real Estate Society (2011)
- Nominated for the “Best Researcher of the Year” Award by peers at EHL (2015, 16, 17,18)