Dr Prashant Das
Prashant Das, PhD, is an Assistant Professor of Real Estate Finance at EHL where he developed and teaches courses in real estate finance, valuation and investment. He has delivered masters’, executive and undergraduate level courses in Switzerland, the United States, China, India and Romania. Earlier in his career, he performed managerial and engineering roles within several firms/organizations including HCL Infosystems Ltd. and Tata Consultancy Services. Prashant has been invited to speak on public forums such as the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and leading educational institutes globally. He often writes opinion editorials for popular media on topics related to real estate finance and has been quoted and interviewed by international trade magazines and the national TV channel of India. In his free time, Prashant dabbles in oil painting on canvas, sculpting in wood and clay and writing short stories. His personal website: https://www.prashantdas.com
Dr Prashant Das
- Hotel investments
- Commercial real estate
- Dr. Das recently authored a book on real estate finance in India (SAGE Publications), and is now working on the second edition of the book. He is also working on a book on Real Estate in South Asia for Routledge (UK). His refereed research papers have appeared in Journal of Real Estate Research, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, International Journal of Hospitality Management and Journal of Property Research among others. He serves as a referee for several leading academic journals in the areas of real estate, tourism, urban studies, hospitality and housing.
- Das, P.; Bodenmann, G. (2017). Minimizing the Cost of Capital in Hotel Investments. In M. Pandian, Vasant; Kalaivanthan (Ed.), Handbook of Research on Holistic Optimization Techniques in the Hospitality , Tourism , and Travel Industry (2017th ed., pp. 191–207). Hershey, PA,, USA: IGI.
- Das, P., & Thomas, C. R. (2016). Strategic development of REITs in India. Journal of Real Estate Literature, 24(1). http://doi.org/10.5555/0927-75184.108.40.206
- Low, W., Das, P., & Piffaretti, C. (2016). The role of hotels in mixed asset portfolios: revisiting the asset-heavy versus asset-light debate. International Journal of the Built Environment and Asset Management, 1(4). http://doi.org/10.1504/IJBEAM.2015.075061
- Robinson, S., Singh, A. J., & Das, P. (2016). Financial impact of LEED and energy star certifications on hotel revenues. Journal of Hospitality Financial Management, 24(2). http://doi.org/10.1080/10913211.2016.1236567
- Das, P., Smith, P., & Gallimore, P. (Forthcoming). Pricing Extreme Attributes in Commercial Real Estate: the Case of Hotel Transactions. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics. http://doi.org/10.1007/s11146-017-9621-4
- Das, P., Ziobrowski, A., & Coulson, N. E. (2015). Online Information Search, Market Fundamentals and Apartment Real Estate. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 51(4). http://doi.org/10.1007/s11146-015-9496-1
- Das, P. K., Freybote, J., & Marcato, G. (2015). An Investigation into Sentiment-Induced Institutional Trading Behavior and Asset Pricing in the REIT Market. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 51(2). http://doi.org/10.1007/s11146-014-9490-z
- Das, P. (2015). Revisiting the hotel capitalization rate. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 46, 151–160. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2015.02.003
- Sah, V., Zhou, X., & Das, P. K. (2015). Does index addition add any new information? Evidence from REIT dividend forecasts. Journal of Property Research, 32(1). http://doi.org/10.1080/09599916.2013.877062
- Das, Prashant; Sharma, D. (2014). Real Estate Finance in India (Hardcover). New Delhi: SAGE.
- Das, P., & Wiley, J. A. (2014). Determinants of premia for energy-efficient design in the office market. Journal of Property Research, 31(1). http://doi.org/10.1080/09599916.2013.788543
- Das, Prashant; Ziobrowski, A. (2013). The Relationship between Indian Realty Stocks and Online Searches. Journal of Emerging Market Finance, (November), 1–28. http://doi.org/10.1177/0972652714567994
- Das, P., Sah, V., Sharma, D., Singh, V., & Galuppo, L. (2013). Real estate development process in india. Journal of Real Estate Literature, 21(2).
- Das, P., Tidwell, A., & Ziobrowski, A. (2011). Dynamics of Green Rentals over Market Cycles: Evidence from Commercial Office Properties in San Francisco and Washington DC. Journal of Sustainable Real Estate, 3(1), 1–22.
- Nominated for the “Best Teacher of the Year” Award by students and peers at EHL (2017)
- Nambiar Developers Award for Best Paper in Real Estate from the Asian Real Est. Soc. (2016)
- Practitioner Research Award from the American Real Estate Society (2016)
- Paper of the Year award from Journal of Real Estate Research (2015)
- Best paper award (sustainability category) from the American Real Estate Society (2015)
- Participated in over 20 pedagogic workshops (60+ hours) organized by EHL: 2013-now
- Attended the Harvard Business Publishing Case Method Teaching Seminar, Univ. of Weinna, (2016)
- Earned the GTA Teaching Excellence Award from the business school at the Georgia State Univ. Atlanta, USA (2012)
- Best paper award (office category) from the American Real Estate Society (2012)
- Best paper award (apartment category) from the American Real Estate Society (2011)
- Nominated for the “Best Researcher of the Year” Award by peers at EHL (2017, 2016, 2015)
- Earned the Teaching Certificate (Attestation Pédagogique) by Univ. of Appl. Sciences-Western Switzerland (HES.SO
- Completed the Robinson College of Business Teaching Seminar, Georgia State Univ., Atlanta USA (35 hours)