Dr Giuliano Bianchi is an Assistant Professor of Economics at the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne. He conducts empirical research on forecasting, executive compensation, economics of crime and tourism economics.
Dr Bianchi holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Bologna (Italy), a Master Degree in Economics from the University of Edinburgh (UK), and a Bachelor Degree in Economics from the University of Lugano (Switzerland). Before joining EHL, Giuliano was a Wertheim Fellow at the Labor & Worklife Program, Harvard Law School.
Dr Bianchi’s work has been published in refereed international journals, including Applied Economics, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, and International Journal of Hospitality Management.
Dr Giuliano Bianchi
- Corporate Governance
- Economics of Crime
- Tourism Economics
- Applied Econometrics forecasting
- Chen, Y., Dellea, D., & Bianchi, G. (Fothcoming, 2019). Knowledge creation and research production in Swiss hotel schools: A case study of Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education
- Blal, I., Bianchi, G. (2019). The asset light model: A Blind Spot in Hospitality Research, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 76PA pp. 39-42.
- Bianchi, G. (2016). The effect of price targets on the composition of CEO pay, Applied Economics, 48(45), pp. 4299–4311
- Bianchi, G. (2016). Stock options: From backdating to spring loading, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 59, pp. 215–221
- Bianchi, G., & Chen, Y. (2015). CEO compensation and the performance of firms in the hospitality industry: A cross-industry comparison, International Journal of Tourism Sciences, 15(3–4), pp. 121–138