Dr Giuliano Bianchi is Associate Professor of Economics at the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne. He conducts empirical research on forecasting, corporate governance, law and economics and economics of crime. Before joining EHL, Dr. Bianchi was a Wertheim Fellow at the Labor & Worklife Program, Harvard Law School. Dr. Bianchi holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Bologna (Italy), a Master Degree in Economics from the University of Edinburgh (UK), and a Bachelor Degree in Economics from the University of Lugano (Switzerland). Dr Bianchi’s work has been published in refereed international journals, including Applied Economics, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, and International Journal of Hospitality Management.
Dr Giuliano Bianchi
- Applied Econometrics forecasting
- Corporate Governance
- Economics of Crime
- Law and economics
- Bianchi G., Chen Y., (2020), The short- and long-run hotel demand in Switzerland: a weighted macroeconomic approach, Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research.
- Blal, I., Bianchi, G. (2019). The asset light model: A Blind Spot in Hospitality Research, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 76PA pp. 39-42.
- Chen, Y., Dellea, D., & Bianchi, G. (2018). Knowledge creation and research production in Swiss hotel schools: A case study of Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education, 31:1, 10-22
- Bianchi, G., Stock options: From backdating to spring loading. (2016). The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Vol. 59.
- Bianchi G., The Effect of Price Targets on the Composition of CEO Pay. (2016). Applied Economics, 48(45), 4299–4311.
- Bianchi G., Chen Y., CEO compensation and firm performance in the hospitality industry: A cross-industry comparison (2015). International Journal of Tourism Sciences, Vol. 15, Issue 3-4.
- Fellowship Harvard University
- Scholarship Department of Economics, University of Bologna
- Fellowship Programma Marco Polo