Master Class in Culinary Arts
The Master Class in Culinary Arts is an intensive, 5-month program designed for candidates who have a first degree and a passion for food and beverage. During this program, you will develop your practical cooking skills and learn the industry standards and procedures for running a restaurant business.
Transform your Life-long Passion into a Successful Career
Whether you dream of opening a restaurant or start your own innovative F&B business, this program will give you the skills and connections you need. It will immerse you in culinary excellence under the instruction of world-recognized chefs as you practice fine-dining cuisine in EHL’s Gault-Millau-rated gastronomic restaurant and learn to operate all restaurant formats while exploring culinary research & development and food-wine pairing.
Endorsed by Joël Robuchon
He is the most award-winning Chef in the world and in history with 28 Michelin stars, and was was named "Chef of the Century" by Gault-Millau. He is also a "Meilleur Ouvrier de France," a prestigious title that only a few can claim in France. Joël Robuchon agreed to be the “godfather of the program.”
- Certificates: EHL Master Class in Culinary Arts Certificate, Three-star Michelin Restaurant Certificate, EHL HACCP and Food Safety for the Restaurant Industry Certificate
- Duration: 5-month, full-time program
- Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
- Includes: +1,000 hours of instruction, online course support, optional internship
Benefits of the Master Class in Culinary Arts
As a student of the Master Class in Culinary Arts, you will receive practical instruction from world-recognized chefs, including several who have earned the designation Meilleurs Ouvriers de France (Best Craftsmen of France). In other modules, you will learn how to run every type of F&B business, including catering and event operations. Plus, you will have the opportunity to gain insights from experienced industry leaders during networking events.
You will graduate with:
- Culinary skills for fine dining and gastronomy
- Management skills to develop and run F&B businesses
- Three professional certifications
- Swiss and European souvenirs and broader cultural awareness
- A strong global network of peers, industry leaders and alumni
Spend a Day with Chef Franck Giovannini
Franck Giovannini of the famed Hôtel de Ville in Crissier was named Chef of the Year 2018 by the Swiss edition of the respected French restaurant guide Gault-Millau. This year’s winner personally welcomes a group of EHL students to the restaurant on a weekly basis and shares his insights, showing the students how to create a 3* Michelin customer experience and discover all the preparation that goes into such an establishment. It is an immersive exposure to one of the best establishments in the world (near Lausanne), which earned a 19 out of 20 in the Gault-Millau guide and three Michelin stars.
Admissions & Fees
At EHL, we take a comprehensive approach to graduate program admissions. We look for candidates who have the intellectual qualities and interpersonal skills to be successful leaders in hospitality and service businesses.
- Aptitude for critical thinking & analysis
- Cultural awareness & language skills
- Customer-oriented service approach
- Self-management & personal motivation
Learn more about the admissions requirements and fees by clicking below.