EHL Junior Academy
Step into the exciting world of hospitality management in this prestigious summer program for high school and pre-university students. This one or two-week summer camp of interactive workshops will give you a taste of the hospitality bachelor degree.
Junior Program for Future Hospitality Leaders
The EHL Junior Academy offers a balanced program of interactive workshops and fun activities to introduce students to the art of Hospitality Management.
Hands-on classes give you a chance to explore the latest trends in the hospitality sector. In culinary arts, you get to be a chef for a day. On excursions to local five-star hotels and vineyards, you get to see how a successful hospitality business operates.
Our experienced faculty members will introduce you to the concepts of hospitality service excellence and restaurant management. Then, you will develop leadership and team-work skills through real-life hospitality case studies and projects.
International fun and friends
This program attracts students from around the world for a week of shared experiences that build cultural awareness and international friendships. Activities and excursions will allow you to relax and enjoy Switzerland’s tourism culture and amazing landscapes.
- Sunday June 23 to Saturday June 29, 2019
- Sunday June 30 to Saturday July 6, 2019
- Sunday July 7 to Saturday July 13, 2019 (in French)
- Sunday August 11 to Saturday August 17, 2019
- Sunday July 14 to Saturday July 20, 2019
- Sunday December 15 to Saturday December 21, 2019
For: Students aged 16-18.
Language: Sessions are in English (1 date is available in French)
Number of seats available per session: Lausanne: 100 seats. Passugg: 50 seats.
What you’ll Learn at the Junior Academy
Our Junior Academy will teach you new knowledge and skills, and will give you an insight into how a five-star hotel manager thinks.
- Identify key trends and players in the hospitality industry
- Discover different jobs available in hospitality
- Understand the day-to-day hospitality functions
- Apply basic operational skills
- Develop critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Learn cooking basics and creation
- Appreciate knowledge ('savoir-faire') and hospitable skills ('savoir-être')
- Develop a critical eye for hospitality excellence
Gateway to EHL's Bachelor Program
As of 2019, Junior Academy participants will benefit from first-hand coaching by the Admission team and receive tips to best prepare their application to the Bachelor Programme. Junior Academy participants who then apply to EHL’s Bachelor degree will be exempted from the application fee and the online interview, which will be done during the Academy.