Application guide - Direct entries and transfers
Diplomas & Transcripts
If you are in your final year of secondary school and have not yet received your diploma, you may apply for conditional acceptance based on your grades to date. You must submit your final exam results and a copy of your diploma as soon as you have them.
The transcripts must show the courses you have taken and the grades you received. If you have attended university since leaving secondary school, you must submit your university certificates and/or transcripts, as well. Projected grades are required for International Baccalaureate, British A-level and French Baccalauréat candidates who have not received their diplomas before the application deadline.
Standardized test scores (if applicable): Students from international schools offering the below diplomas need to send the indicated exam results with their applications:
- American high school diploma: Evidence of higher achievement (3 AP or IB Higher Level certificates or SAT II subject tests), plus satisfactory SAT I or ACT results. SAT or ACT scores must be sent directly to EHL by the College Board. See the College Board website for more information. Write EHL's institution code (4102) on your examination papers.
- Chinese senior high school graduation diploma: Gaokao or SAT I exams with a minimum of 500 per section.Gaokao or evidence of higher achievement (3 AP or IB Higher Level certificates or SAT II subject tests) and satisfactory SAT 1 or ACT results. Minimum Requirement: Minimum Gaokao results vary according to the province and year.
- Korean high school diploma: KSAT or evidence of higher achievement (3 AP or IB Higher Level certificates or SAT II subject tests) and satisfactory SAT 1 or ACT results. Minimum requirement: Average of stanine 3 in each subject on the KSAT.
All certificates and transcripts that are not in English, French, German or Italian must be translated into English or French by a certified translator. The translation should be accompanied by comprehensive information on the school or university attended and an explanation of the grading and assessment system.
The essay is an important part of your application. It is an opportunity for you to showcase your strengths, motivation and interests. Your essay should be typed and contain between 500-650 words.
Topics (choose one):
- Having a dream is the first step towards an ambitious career; please tell us about your dream job and career aspirations, and how EHL will help you get there.
- Please describe your personal journey, from the moment you discovered a passion for hospitality to the moment you started your application.
- How does EHL correspond to your expectations for a particular kind of learning, community, and future? Please address with some specificity your own wishes and how they relate to EHL.
Your essay will tell us a great deal about you, and it will also enable us to assess your analytical skills and determine whether you can organize your thoughts and express them clearly. We expect you to produce an interesting personal account for your selected topic.
Please remember to add your name and the topic you have chosen at the top of the first page.
Please make sure you can demonstrate that you meet the language proficiency requirements for either the English or the French section of our bachelor's degree program in hospitality management.
To study in the French section
You must provide one of the following documents:
- School transcripts or a certificate showing that for the last six years of your secondary education you studied in a school where French was the main language of instruction.
- DSLCF (Diplôme Supérieur Langue et Culture Françaises)
- DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française), grade C1
You must also provide one of the following English certificates:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) - new Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) minimum 80 points OR paper-based test minimum score 550 points OR computer-based test minimum score 213 points.
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate in English, minimum grade C.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System), academic module - minimum band score 6.0.
OR have achieved the below grades in one of the following curricula:
- IB English A (HL or SL) with a minimum grade of 4 or IB English B (HL) with a minimum grade of 4 or IB English B (SL) with a minimum grade of 5.
- A-levels with English Literature Language : Minimum C.
- Bac option Internationale, Maturité Bilingue, Bac Européen : Minimum 3 Subjects in English (including English). To find out about the minimum scores required, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To study in the English section
You must provide one of the following documents:
- A certificate showing that for the last six years of your secondary education you studied in a school where English was the main language of instruction.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) new Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) - minimum 100 points or paper-based test minimum score 600 points or computer-based test minimum score 250 points.
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate in English, minimum grade B.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System), academic module - minimum band score 7.0.
- IB English A (HL or SL) with a minimum grade of 4 or IB English B (HL) with a minimum grade of 5 or IB English B (SL) with a minimum grade of 6.
- A-levels with English Literature Language : Minimum B.
- Bac option Internationale, Bac Européen : Minimum 3 Subjects in English (including English). To find out more about the minimum scores required, please contact email@example.com
Your second language may be your native language or another language of your choice, other than English. Should you choose another language, you must be able to demonstrate that you have studied it for at least three years.
French in the English section
Although not compulsory, some knowledge of French is recommended to get the most out of your time at EHL. In the preparatory year, all students in the English section take French lessons.
Please include any other documents that you feel would be beneficial to your application for our bachelor's degree program in hospitality management, such as academic awards, employment certificates, letters of recommendation and/or your resume.
During your online application process, you will be charged an application fee of CHF 175. This payment may be made online using Visa or MasterCard. Kindly note that this fee is not refundable or transferable to another application.