How to Apply
To start the application process, we invite you to read the information on this page carefully, prepare your documents and complete the online application. An admissions officer will contact you.
Admissions requirements for the Culinary & Restaurant Management Certificate
- Academic requirements: Successfully completed a post-secondary program (Diploma, Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s, etc.) or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Professional: At least 6 months of full-time work experience in the hospitality industry is recommended.
- English language: For non-native English speakers: a minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT or 6.0 on the IELTS exams.
- Language Programs: EF (Education First) is happy to offer EHL candidates 10% discount on their different language programs around the world.
Start Dates & Deadlines
The next sessions for the Culinary & Restaurant Management Certificate will start in February 2019.
- Visa candidates: applications to be received minimum 3 months before the program start date.
- Non-visa candidates: applications to be received minimum 1 month before the program start date.
Step 1. Online Application & Documents
- All of these documents must be submitted electronically via the online application form
- A resume or CV
- Copy of your passport/s
- Copy of your transcripts and diplomas in English
- Proof of English level (for non-native English speakers)
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation from an academic or professional reference
When you have uploaded all of the required documents, please finalize your application by paying your application fee of CHF 175. Please note that this amount is not refundable nor transferable to another application.
Step 2. Admissions Interviews
Once you have submitted a complete application, our Admissions Team will evaluate it and contact you if you are selected for an interview. The interview is conducted on campus or by video conference.
Step 3. Final Decision
Final decisions will be made by the Admissions Committee after an evaluation of your complete application file and interviews. Allow a minimum of 2 weeks after the second interview to receive your final decision.
Would you like to receive quick feedback on whether you qualify for our program?
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to write to us and we'll get in touch with you.