MBA in Hospitality (80% online)
Designed to accommodate busy hospitality professionals, our MBA in hospitality is delivered 80% online. A flexible online classroom allows you to earn a recognized MBA without leaving your job, as you apply new strategies and tools in the workplace.
Get your MBA in Hospitality Studying Part-Time
Whether you are looking for an intensive program or a more flexible study-work-life balance, our part-time MBA in hospitality is adapted to fit your career and learning needs. While 80% of this program is delivered online, which allows you to study when and where it is most convenient for you, the remaining 20% of the program is delivered during three weeks on campus, which allows you to share ideas and network with industry peers.
Taught by industry experts, the online modules of this program provide a solid education in Hospitality Finance, Revenue Management, Hotel Development and Performance Management that you can apply immediately at work.
The intensive, on-site modules focus on current best practices within the hospitality and service business sectors, and networking, giving you the opportunity to develop your industry connections and share insights with faculty members, industry leaders and peers.
With the final project, you will integrate your new skills and knowledge to complete an applied business project addressing a real Hospitality Management challenge, covering the strategic, financial and operational aspects.
Key Facts of the MBA in Hospitality
- Title: Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Hospitality
- Duration: 24 months on average
- Location: 80% online, 20% onsite
- Includes: Industry networking opportunities
- Start dates: March and September of each year
Benefits of the Part-Time MBA in Hospitality
As a student of the MBA in hospitality, you will benefit from a holistic learning experience that combines online courses with three weeks of campus-based learning.
You will graduate with:
- Solid skills in finance, marketing, leadership, and risk management
- Strategies for implementing best practices in hospitality businesses
- An internationally accredited degree (NEASC)
- Swiss souvenirs and broader cultural awareness
- A strong global network of peers, industry leaders and alumni
Admissions & Fees
At EHL, we take a comprehensive approach to graduate program admissions. We look for candidates who have the intellectual qualities and interpersonal skills to be successful leaders in hospitality and service businesses.
- Aptitude for critical thinking & analysis
- Cultural awareness & language skills
- Customer-oriented service approach
- Self-management & personal motivation
We invite you to learn more about the admissions requirements and fees.