Nicolas Schweitzer is a Lecturer Practical Arts overseeing operations and training students in various food and beverage outlets at EHL. Born in the French region of Alsace, Nicolas trained at the Ecole Hôtelière Alexandre Dumas located in Illkirch, France. During his studies, Nicolas completed internships in Monaco, Northern Ireland and Paris. He started his career as the Restaurant Manager at Chez Pierre in Alsace in 2006. After two years there, he moved to Toronto to improve his English while working alongside Chef Marc Thuet at Bistro & Bakery Thuet. In 2008, he returned to France where he was a Chef de rang at the Parc hôtel in Wangenbourg-Engenthal. In 2009, he moved to Canada, to work for a year in Montreal at Pintxo in the front-of-house staff. He landed in Switzerland in 2010 and spent two years at the Golf de Lausanne restaurant as a Chef de rang, before spending three years at the Restaurant du Jorat in Mézières (Canton of Vaud) as Restaurant Manager. On the back of this experience, Nicolas joined EHL in January 2015 as an F&B Assistant, then became a Lecturer Practical Arts in September 2016.
Mr Nicolas Schweitzer
- Arts pratiques
- The Gourmet Breakfast – area in the BDS which serves high quality breakfasts with a buffet service as well as table service.
- The Corner – a live restauration area with sales at the counter and table service. The Corner is a concept which enables cuisines of different themes to be served, such as Sushi
- Grab n Go Food – this outlet is dedicated to the sale of take away food
- The Lobby bars are the main outlets for the sale of drinks in EHL
- Bar M (Main bar) - is the central bar which offers hot drinks, beers, wine, champagne as well as a selection of non-alcoholic drinks
- The Passerelle Bar - serves non-alcoholic drinks which include smoothies, fresh fruit juices, milkshakes and make-your-own juice and smoothie combinations, as well as a selection of hot beverages
- The Bar Grab n Go - is a take-away outlet serving a selection of hot drinks and juices
- The BDS Cocktail Bar – the bar forms part of the Berceau des Sens Restaurant in a lounge setting which allows students to serve external clients and forms an essential part of our student’s training in high-end luxury standard service
- I train students at the different points of sale. I am not the only staff member at the sales points, there is a whole team which supports the students at each point of sale. The advantage within the framework of the school setting is that everything that is taught as a theory in the classroom is then consolidated in actual practice with real clients, which anchors the theories in day-to-day situations. Drawing on my own professional experience, I teach different techniques in service and the way to behave in front of clients. In addition, we explore each point of sale and analyse it to determine the nature of the concept and to identify strong points and be able to suggest ways to improve each concept.