Laura Zizka, PhD, is a faculty member at EHL since 2002. As an Assistant Professor, she teaches Business Communication and Academic Writing to undergraduate and graduate students as well as coaching Student Business Projects and undergraduate theses. With more than 20 years of international teaching experience (Czech Republic, USA, and Switzerland), Dr. Zizka prepared her first digital course on Academic Integrity in 2017, and she is currently preparing a digital course on Academic Writing and a traditional course on strategic/crisis communication, for the online MBA cohort. Since completing her PhD in Management in 2014, Laura has been presenting at conferences and publishing papers on various communications topics both in higher education and the workplace. One of her main areas of interest lies in the link between CSR/sustainability reporting and communication and its link to corporate reputation. She is also interested in the gaps between higher education and the workplace.
Dr Laura Zizka
- Fracture numérique au travail
- Communication en matière de RSE et réputation des entreprises
- Reporting et classements en matière de réputation des entreprises
- Médias sociaux pour accroître l'implication des parties prenantes
- Perception de l'éthique, de la RSE et de la durabilité chez les étudiants
- Dr. Zizka will be presenting conference papers on ethics, sustainability, CSR (ECSRS) and higher education in 2018. She has also recently applied for a funded project with two American co-authors to study sustainability performance management through sustainability/CSR reporting and its effects on stakeholders in the airport industry.
- Dörfler, V., Stierand, M. & Zizka, L. (2017). Studying Reflecting on Becoming: Some Philosophical Reference Points. Proceedings of the BAM 2016: 31st Annual Conference of the British Academy of Management, Warwick Business School, Coventry, UK.
- McGunagle, D. M., Button, D., & Zizka, L. (2016). The impact of corporate social responsibility communication on corporate reputation. I-Manager’s Journal of Management, 10(4), 37-44. Retrieved from ProQuest database.
- McGuangle, D. M., & Zizka, L. (2016). Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility and Reputation on Financial Performance. Proceedings of 5th International Conference of Social Responsibility, Ethics, and Sustainable Business, Bocconi University, IT.
- Stierand, M., & Zizka, L. (2015). Reflecting on hospitality management education through a practice lens, Quality Assurance in Education, 23(4), 353 – 363. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/QAE-04-2015-0013
- Zizka, L. (2017). Corporate reputation rankings 2016: And the winner is? Advances in Economics and Business, 5(3), 137-154. doi: 10.13189/aeb.2017.050303
- Zizka, L. (2016). Digital natives and perceived technology skills: Bridging the digital divide between natives. Journal of Communication and Media Studies, 1(3), 15-23. doi:10.18848/2470-9247/CGP/v01i03/15-23
- Zizka, L. (2017). From Campfire to Classroom: An Application of Talking Circles and Storytelling in Hospitality Management Education. Journal of Hospitality &Tourism Education, 29(1), 44-50. doi: 10.1080/10963758.2016.1266944
- Zizka, L. (2017) Student perceptions of ethics, CSR, and sustainability (ECSRS) in hospitality management education. Journal of Teaching in Travel & Tourism, 17(4), 254-268. doi: 10.1080/15313220.2017.1399497
- Zizka, L. (2017). The (mis)use of social media to communicate CSR in hospitality: Increasing stakeholders’ (dis)engagement through social media. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology, 8(1), 73-86. doi: 10.1108/JHTT-07-2016-0037
- Zizka, L., & McGunagle, D. M. (2017). Sustainability: Exploring Gaps in Higher Education. Proceedings of the BAM 2016: 31st Annual Conference of the British Academy of Management, Warwick Business School, Coventry, UK.
- Received Best Developmental Paper Award at the BAM conference 2016 in the category of ‘Research Methodology’ (co-authored with Dr. Viktor Dorfler and Dr. Marc B. Stierand) with our paper entitled “Reflecting on Becoming: The Role of Savoir, Savoir-Faire, and Savoir-Être”