Steffen Raub, PhD, is Full Professor of Organizational Behavior at EHL where he formerly occupied the positions of Associate Dean, Vice Dean and Acting Dean. Before joining EHL, he was on the faculties of the Asian Institute of Technology in Bangkok, Thailand, HEC Geneva and HEC Lausanne. He was also a Visiting Scholar at the Kenan-Flagler Business School at University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill and a Visiting Associate Professor at National University of Singapore. Steffen’s research focuses on proactive service behaviors, organizational citizenship behavior, empowerment and sustainability/corporate social responsibility. It has been published in leading outlets including the Journal of Applied Psychology, Human Relations, Human Resource Management, Work & Stress, as well as the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly and the International Journal of Hospitality Management. Steffen is also the co-author of a best-selling volume on Managing Knowledge.
Dr Steffen Raub
- Comportement organisationnel
- Méthodes quantitatives
- "From work-family conflict to work-family balance: Developing and testing a model of work-family practices, HRM practices, organizational culture and performance", HES-SO, Grant no. SAGE-X 29047
- Raub, S.P., 2017. When employees walk the company talk: The importance of employee involvement in corporate philanthropy. Human Resource Management, 56: 837–850.
- Laurence, G.A., Fried, Y., & Raub, S.P., 2016. Evidence for the need to distinguish between self-initiated and organizationally imposed overload in studies of work stress. Work & Stress, 30: 337-355.
- Hong, Y., Liao, H., Raub, S.P., & Han, J., 2016. What it takes to get proactive: An integrative multi-level model of antecedents of personal initiative. Journal of Applied Psychology, 101: 687-701.
- Raub, S.P., & Blunschi, S., 2014. The power of meaningful work: How awareness of CSR initiatives fosters task significance and positive work outcomes in service employees. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 55: 10-18.
- Raub, S.P., & Robert, Ch. 2013. Empowerment, organizational commitment and voice behavior in the hospitality industry: Evidence from a multi-national sample. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 54: 136 – 148.
- Raub, S.P., & Liao, H. 2012. Doing the right thing without being told: Joint effects of initiative climate and general self-efficacy on employee proactive customer service performance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 97: 651-667.
- Raub, S.P., & Robert, Ch. 2010. Differential effects of empowering leadership on in-role and extra-role employee behaviors: Exploring the role of psychological empowerment and power values. Human Relations, 63: 1743-1770.
- Raub, S.P. 2008. Does bureaucracy kill individual initiative? – The impact of structure on organizational citizenship behavior in the hospitality industry. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 27: 179-186.
- Raub, S.P., & Streit, E.M. 2006. Realistic recruitment: An empirical study of the cruise industry. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 18: 278-289.
- Raub, S.P., Alvarez, L., & Khanna, R. 2006. The different roles of corporate level and unit level human resources managers in the hospitality industry. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 18: 135-144.
- EHL Researcher of the year 2012
- CHLAR Best Research Paper Golden Award 2011, International Conference on Hospitality and Leisure Applied Research, Lyon, France
- Outstanding Practical Implications for Management Award 2007, Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA