Dr Stéphanie Pougnet
Stéphanie Pougnet, PhD, is an Assistant Professor at EHL. She has experience teaching and practicing management in Europe, America and Asia, with a focus on retailing, energy and food & beverage industries. She affirms that research and teaching in management should consistently meet the needs of both the educational sphere and the work sphere. With this ambition in mind, Stéphanie fosters students’ employability and entrepreneurship via pedagogical missions that result in implementing systems, processes, and dashboards to capitalize on internship experiences as well as on experiential learning based on problem-solving. She conducts research and consultancy for companies facing human capital challenges, and she coaches entrepreneurs. As a skydiving and snowboarding entrepreneur, she co-founded www.sportmania.ch, a Swiss shop selling sport goods.
Dr Stéphanie Pougnet
- Talent management
- Human resources
- Organizational behavior company, team, personal levels
- Impact of school-work experience - internship, apprenticeship - on companies' performance
- Human capital marketing and talent attraction, acquisition & retention in the hospitality and food & beverage industry
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and value creation at the core of Employee x Customer experiences
- Build an agile and strong corporate culture to enhance the employees’ experience and commitment in an internationalization context - Regent Hotels & Resorts - 2017-2018
- Networking behaviors and personal and cognitive attributes: their impact on employability and career strategies - Switzerland - 2016-2018
- Happy employees making happy customers and the Emojimeter: value creation based on emotional experiences - LQA Leading Quality Assurance & Innokick - Switzerland - 2016
- Impact of internships on employee organizational commitment, knowledge sharing and innovative behaviors in hotels - Hong Kong - 2014
- Staff selection in Swiss hotels: closing the science-practice gap - L'hôtellerie Suisse - Switzerland - 2013
- Millennials and social media in the F&B industry - France and Switzerland - HES-SO project grant - SAGE X-32755 - 2012-2014
- “Is there structure in the selection interview? Evidence from hotels in Switzerland”, 2017, Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality & Tourism, with Fernandez, S.
- “Teaching HRM in contemporary hospitality management: A case study drawing on HR analytics and big data analysis”, 2017, Journal of Teaching in Travel & Tourism, with Martin-Rios, C. & Nogareda, A-M.
- “Experimental research, tourism”, 2016, In J. Jafari & H. Xiao (eds.), Encyclopedia of Tourism, Springer.
- Ethical Dilemma "Because it is worth it?!". 2016, Case Study, in Robbins, S-P., & Judge, T-A., Organizational Behavior, Pearson Education.
- Case Incident "Is more cash worth the clash?". 2016, Case Study in Robbins, S-P., & Judge, T-A., Organizational Behavior, Pearson Education.
- Improving Hotel Starlac’s Human Resources and Talent Management System, 2016, Sage Business Case, with Martin-Rios, C.
- “Clarisse Hotel Paris: Rise and fall of stars?”, 2015, Case Centre, Reference no. 415-170-1, with Kim, S.
- Alternance : cultivez les talents de demain, 2012. With Pennaforte, A. Paris: Dunod. Collection : Fonctions de l’Entreprise.
- « Le leadership au regard de l’apprentissage », 2011, In Cristol, D. & Laizé, C. (coord.), Leadership & Management : être leader, ça s’apprend. Paris: De Boeck.