Meng-Mei Maggie Chen, PhD, is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at EHL teaching hotel distribution strategy, online consumer behavior, marketing strategy and digital marketing courses. Before entering higher education, Maggie held positions in various tourism sectors, ranging from hotels to casinos, travel agencies, and consulting. She has worked in Taiwan, the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Switzerland and she leverages her cross-cultural sense and sensitivity in her work and research. Maggie's research includes hotel channel management, distribution channel marketing, customer decision making process, and consumer behavior. Recently, she completed a Swiss governmental agency research project which focuses on optimizing channel management for SME hotels in Switzerland.
Dr Meng-Mei Maggie Chen
- Stratégie de distribution en hôtellerie
- Comportement client en ligne
- Stratégie marketing
- Marketing numérique
- Working with Regent Hotels and Resorts, the leading hotel company in Taiwan, Dr. Meng-Mei Chen and Dr. Stephanie Pougnet conducted an international study investigating the impact of national and corporate culture on hotel employees' commitment.
- Murphy, H.C. & Chen, M.M. (2016). Online Information Sources Used in Hotel Bookings: Examining Relevance and Recall, Journal of Travel Research, 55 (4), pp. 523-536;
- Murphy, H.C, Chen, M.M. & Cossutta, M. (2016). An investigation of multiple devices and information sources used in the hotel booking process, Tourism Management, 52, pp. 44-51;
- Murphy, H.C. & Chen, M.M. (2016). Is Social Good Replacing Loyalty? Hotel Executive, 22 february 2016;
- Chen, M. M., Murphy, H. C. & Narkprasert, B. (2016). Wellness Tourism: Student’s Perception of Importance and Priority. Paper presented at the EuroChrie conference, 26-28 October, Budapest, Hungary;
- Chen, M. M., Murphy, H. C. & Knecht, S. (2016). An Importance Performance Analysis of smartphone applications for hotel chains, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 12 (29), pp. 69-79
- CHME Conference 2010 Best paper award: Factors determining hotel selection: online behavior by leisure travellers. CHME conference, Surrey, UK.