EHL Junior Academy
Step into the exciting world of hospitality management in this prestigious summer program for high school and pre-university students. This one or two-week summer camp of interactive workshops will give you a taste of the hospitality bachelor degree.
Junior Program for Future Hospitality Leaders
The EHL Junior Academy offers a balanced program of interactive workshops and fun activities to introduce students to the art of Hospitality Management. You will discover everything that this global industry has to offer from the exciting international culture and lifestyle, to various career opportunities.
To cater to the different types of careers in the hospitality industry, EHL offers its Junior Academy in two different focus areas. You can choose to focus on the business and innovation side of hospitality in Lausanne, or dive in the traditional hospitality and culinary operations in Passugg. The 2-week program combines both experiences on both campuses.
Hands-on classes give you a chance to explore the latest trends in the hospitality sector. In culinary arts, you get to be a chef for a day. On excursions to local five-star hotels and vineyards, you get to see how a successful hospitality business operates.
Our experienced faculty members will introduce you to the concepts of hospitality service excellence and restaurant management. Then, you will develop leadership and team-work skills through real-life hospitality case studies and projects.
International fun and friends
This program attracts students from around the world for a week of shared experiences that build cultural awareness and international friendships. Activities and excursions will allow you to relax and enjoy Switzerland’s tourism culture and amazing landscapes.
All sessions are in English, except for one in July 2020.
• Sunday June 21 to Saturday June 27, 2020
• Sunday June 28 to Saturday July 4, 2020
• Sunday July 5 to Saturday July 11, 2020 (English or French)
• Sunday August 9 to Saturday August 15, 2020
• Sunday December 15 to Saturday December 21, 2019
• Sunday June 28 to Saturday July 4, 2020
• Sunday December 13 to Saturday December 19, 2020
Curious about both the business program as well as the traditional operations side? Register for the 2-week program and combine a week in Lausanne with a week in Passugg.
• Sunday June 21 to Saturday July 4, 2020
(week 1 Lausanne - week 2 Passugg)
• Sunday June 28 to Saturday July 11, 2020
(week 1 Passugg - week 2 Lausanne )
For: Students aged 16-18.
Language: Sessions are in English (1 date is available in French)
Number of seats available per session: Lausanne: 100 seats. Passugg: 50 seats.
What you’ll Learn at the Junior Academy
Our Junior Academy will teach you new knowledge and skills, and will give you an insight into how a five-star hotel manager thinks.
- Identify key trends and players in the hospitality industry
- Understand the day-to-day hospitality functions
- Develop critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Appreciate knowledge ('savoir-faire') and hospitable skills ('savoir-être')
Gateway to EHL's Bachelor Program
As of 2019, Junior Academy participants will benefit from first-hand coaching by the Admission team and receive tips to best prepare their application to the Bachelor Programme. Junior Academy participants who then apply to EHL’s Bachelor degree will be exempted from the application fee and the online interview, which will be done during the Academy.
Hospitality Business & Innovation
- This is EHL Lausanne - Discover our state-of-the-art campus in Lausanne and get a taste of our student life.
- Hospitality Business - Get an intro on the business side of Hospitality Management.
- Excellence in Hospitality - Learn essential professional skills from the hospitality industry.
- Hospitality Kitchen - Get familiar with the basics of a professional kitchen.
- Excursions & activities like a tour of Lausanne, a vineyard visit and a gala dinner.
Traditional Hospitality & Culinary Operations
- This is EHL Passugg - Discover our boutique hotel-style campus in Passugg and get a taste of the close-knit community atmosphere.
- Culinary Operations - Get creative in the kitchen and learn from world-class chefs and experts.
- Traditional Hospitality - Go behind the scenes in the world of hospitality operations and the art of customer service.
- Excursions & activities like a tour of a 5-star hotel, a mountain or snow activity (winter session) and a gala dinner.