Hospitality Summer Academy
Step into the exciting world of hospitality management in this prestigious summer program for high school and pre-university students.This one-week program of interactive workshops will give you a taste of the hospitality bachelor degree.
Summer Program for Future Hospitality Leaders
The EHL Summer Academy offers a balanced program of interactive workshops and fun activities to introduce students to the art of Hospitality Management.
Hands-on classes give you a chance to explore the latest trends in the hospitality sector. In culinary arts, you get to be a chef for a day. On excursions to local five-star hotels and vineyards, you get to see how a successful hospitality business operates.
Our experienced faculty members will introduce you to the concepts of hospitality service excellence and restaurant management. Then, you will develop leadership and team-work skills through real-life hospitality case studies and projects.
International fun and friends
This program attracts students from around the world for a week of shared experiences that build cultural awareness and international friendships. Activities and excursions will allow you to relax and enjoy Switzerland’s tourism culture and amazing landscapes.
Summer Academy Key Facts
- Session 1: Sunday, July 1 to Saturday July 7, 2018 (in English only)
- Session 2: Sunday, July 8 to Saturday, July 14, 2018
- For: Students ages 16-20
- Location: EHL campus, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Available in: French and English
- Program limited to 90 seats
What you’ll Learn at the Summer Academy
Our Summer Academy will teach you new knowledge and skills, and will give you an insight into how a five-star hotel manager thinks.
- Identify key trends and players in the hospitality industry
- Discover different jobs available in hospitality
- Understand the day-to-day hospitality functions
- Apply basic operational skills
- Develop critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Learn cooking basics and creation
- Appreciate knowledge ('savoir-faire') and hospitable skills ('savoir-être')
- Develop a critical eye for hospitality excellence