EHL Junior Academy
Step into the exciting world of hospitality management in this prestigious summer program for high school and pre-university students.This one-week program of interactive workshops will give you a taste of the hospitality bachelor degree.
Junior Program for Future Hospitality Leaders
The EHL Junior Academy offers a balanced program of interactive workshops and fun activities to introduce students to the art of Hospitality Management.
Hands-on classes give you a chance to explore the latest trends in the hospitality sector. In culinary arts, you get to be a chef for a day. On excursions to local five-star hotels and vineyards, you get to see how a successful hospitality business operates.
Our experienced faculty members will introduce you to the concepts of hospitality service excellence and restaurant management. Then, you will develop leadership and team-work skills through real-life hospitality case studies and projects.
International fun and friends
This program attracts students from around the world for a week of shared experiences that build cultural awareness and international friendships. Activities and excursions will allow you to relax and enjoy Switzerland’s tourism culture and amazing landscapes.
- Sunday June 23 to Saturday June 29, 2019
- Sunday June 30 to Saturday July 6, 2019
- Sunday July 14 to Saturday July 20, 2019 (French)
- Sunday July 28 to Saturday August 3, 2019
- Sunday July 7 to Saturday July 13, 2019
- Sunday July 21 to Saturday July 27, 2019
all dates are provisional. Registration for 2019 is not yet available.
For: Students ages 16-18
Available in French and English
Each program limited to:
- Lausanne Program - 100 seats
- Passugg Program - 50 seats
What you’ll Learn at the Junior Academy
Our Junior Academy will teach you new knowledge and skills, and will give you an insight into how a five-star hotel manager thinks.
- Identify key trends and players in the hospitality industry
- Discover different jobs available in hospitality
- Understand the day-to-day hospitality functions
- Apply basic operational skills
- Develop critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Learn cooking basics and creation
- Appreciate knowledge ('savoir-faire') and hospitable skills ('savoir-être')
- Develop a critical eye for hospitality excellence