EHL Junior Academy
Step into the exciting world of hospitality management in this prestigious summer program for high school and pre-university students.This one-week program of interactive workshops will give you a taste of the hospitality bachelor degree.
Junior Program for Future Hospitality Leaders
The EHL Junior Academy offers a balanced program of interactive workshops and fun activities to introduce students to the art of Hospitality Management.
Hands-on classes give you a chance to explore the latest trends in the hospitality sector. In culinary arts, you get to be a chef for a day. On excursions to local five-star hotels and vineyards, you get to see how a successful hospitality business operates.
Our experienced faculty members will introduce you to the concepts of hospitality service excellence and restaurant management. Then, you will develop leadership and team-work skills through real-life hospitality case studies and projects.
International fun and friends
This program attracts students from around the world for a week of shared experiences that build cultural awareness and international friendships. Activities and excursions will allow you to relax and enjoy Switzerland’s tourism culture and amazing landscapes.
Junior Academy Key Facts
- Sunday, June 23 to Saturday June 29, 2019
- Sunday, June 30 to Saturday July 6, 2019
- Sunday, July 14 to Saturday July 20, 2019
- Sunday, July 28 to Saturday August 3, 2019
- Sunday, July 7 to Saturday July 13, 2019
- Sunday, July 21 to Saturday, July 27, 2019
all dates are provisional. Registration for 2019 is not yet available.
- For: Students ages 16-18
- Available in French and English
- EHL campus in Lausanne, Switzerland
- EHL campus in Passugg, Switzerland
- Each program limited to:
- Lausanne Program - 100 seats
- Passugg Program - 50 seats
What you’ll Learn at the Junior Academy
Our Junior Academy will teach you new knowledge and skills, and will give you an insight into how a five-star hotel manager thinks.
- Identify key trends and players in the hospitality industry
- Discover different jobs available in hospitality
- Understand the day-to-day hospitality functions
- Apply basic operational skills
- Develop critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Learn cooking basics and creation
- Appreciate knowledge ('savoir-faire') and hospitable skills ('savoir-être')
- Develop a critical eye for hospitality excellence