Culinary & Restaurant Management Certificate
Designed for young professionals with a post-secondary degree, this five month fast-paced and intense program of 25 masterclasses is dedicated to strengthening your culinary know-how, and developing managerial skills for the Food & Beverage industry.
Transform your Life-long Passion into a Successful Career
Whether you dream of opening a restaurant or start your own innovative F&B business, this program will give you the skills and connections you need. Your own business project will take shape thanks to academic modules (finance, marketing, business plan methodology ...) and the tools EHL developed to help entrepreneurs. But it will also immerse you in culinary operations, from fine-dining cuisine in EHL’s gastronomic restaurant to freshly prepared takeaway food, going through catering, oenology or even R&D. Benefit from the instruction of world-recognized chefs and top experts with a strong global work experience within the F&B industry.
Endorsed by Franck Giovannini
Franck Giovannini was named “Chef of the Year 2018” by the Swiss edition of Gault & Millau guide. Chef Giovannini heads Hotel de ville de Crissier, one of the best – if not the best – gastronomic restaurants in the world, a 3-star Michelin for over 40 years now! Each of its 4 Chefs, including Chef Giovannini, got that prestigious award from the famous French guide!
In addition to his endorsement to the program, Chef Giovannini personally welcomes a group of EHL students to the restaurant on a weekly basis and shares his insights, showing the students how to create a 3* Michelin customer experience and discover all the preparation that goes into such an establishment.
- Certificates: Culinary & Restaurant management certificate from EHL, EHL HACCP and Food Safety for the Restaurant Industry Certificate, Sous-vide certifications (with CREA)
- Duration: 5-month, full-time program
- Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
- Includes: 25 masterclasses with experts, +680 hours of instruction, online course support, optional internship
- Join the most dynamic alumni network among the industry (25’000 alumni in 100+ countries)
Benefits of the Culinary & Restaurant Management Certificate
As a student of the Culinary & Restaurant management Certificate, you will receive practical instruction from world-recognized chefs and experts. Through 25 workshops (masterclasses), you will learn how to run every type of F&B business, on both operational and management sides. Plus, you will have the opportunity to gain insights from experienced industry leaders during networking events.
You will graduate with:
- Culinary basics for operations
- Management skills to develop and run F&B businesses
- Three professional certifications
- Swiss and European souvenirs and broader cultural awareness
- A strong global network of peers, industry leaders and alumni
Thank you Mr Robuchon!
True to his lifetime commitment to share his knowledge with the next generations, Joël Robuchon was the godfather of the program since its launch. It was a privilege and an honor for EHL to collaborate with such a great professional and human being. As he used to say, “you can’t cook if you do not love people”.
He was the most award-winning Chef in the world and in history with over 40 Michelin stars won (32 on-going when he passed away), also named "Chef of the Century" by Gault-Millau, "Meilleur Ouvrier de France," a prestigious title that only a few can claim in France.
Admissions & Fees
At EHL, we take a comprehensive approach to graduate program admissions. We look for candidates who have the intellectual qualities and interpersonal skills to be successful leaders in hospitality and service businesses.
- Aptitude for critical thinking & analysis
- Cultural awareness & language skills
- Customer-oriented service approach
- Self-management & personal motivation
Learn more about the admissions requirements and fees by clicking below.