Hilary Murphy, PhD, is a Full Professor and Associate Dean (Faculty & Research) at EHL, and she is an Honorary Research fellow in the Marketing Faculty at Strathclyde University, Glasgow. She has published many technical articles in academic journals such as International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management and Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Management, and she and is a frequent presenter at key industry and academic conferences worldwide (ICHRIE, EuroCHRIE, Frontiers in Services Marketing). She is an external examiner for the Universities of Surrey, Glasgow, Malta, QMU and Malta and is an external expert for accreditations in the field of hospitality, she is also on the editorial review panel of several hospitality- related journals and conferences.
Dr Hilary Murphy
Full Professor - Associate Dean of Innovation and Research ad interim
- Technology Strategies
- Digital marketing
- Ali, A., Murphy, H. & Nadkarni, S., (2017). Sustainable development and hospitality education: Employers’perspectives on the relevance for graduate employability. Journal of Teaching in Travel & Tourism, 17(3), pp. 139-158.
- Murphy, H. & Chen, M., (2016). An Importance Performance Analysis of smartphone applications for hotel chains. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, pp. 69-79.
- Murphy, H. et al., (2016). Hospitality employers’ perceptions of technology for sustainable development: The implications for graduate employability. Tourism and Hospitality Research
- Murphy, H. & Chen, M., (2016). Online Information Sources Used in Hotel Bookings Examining Relevance and Recall. Journal of Travel Research, 55(4), pp. 523-536.
- Murphy, H. et al., (2016). An investigation of multiple devices and information sources used in the hotel booking. Tourism Management, 52, pp. 44-51.
- Murphy, H. et al., (2012). Hospitality and Travel: The nature and implications of user generated content, Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 53 (3), pp. 220-228.
- Best Paper Award: EuroCHRIE 2011
- Best Paper Award: EuroCHRIE 2008