Dr Demian Hodari is Associate Professor of Strategic Management. He was previously a hotel general manager and the president of an independent hotel management and consulting company and has worked on four continents. In addition to teaching undergraduate and graduate level classes, Dr Hodari frequently provides consulting, executive education and strategic planning facilitation for international hotel companies, hotel owners, and individual properties. He currently sits on the board of directors of several hotel companies. Dr Hodari regularly speaks at industry events and his research is published in the leading hospitality management journals. He has raised nearly 200,000 Swiss Francs in research funding from the private and public sectors. Dr Hodari holds a PhD from the University of Surrey, a Master from Cornell University, and a B.A. from Georgetown University.
Dr Demian Hodari
- Hodari, D., Turner, M., Sturman, M. and Nath, D. (Forthcoming). The Influence of Hotel Owners on Property-level Decisions. International Journal of Hotel and Tourism Administration
- Hodari, D., Balla, P. and Aroul, R. (2017). The Matter of Encumbrance: How Management Structure Affects Hotel Value. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 58(3), 293-311
- Turner, M., Way, S., Hodari, D. and Witteman, W. (2017). Hotel Property Performance: The Role of Strategic Management Accounting. International Journal of Hospitality Management. Vol 63 (5), pp. 33-43
- Hodari, D., Turner, M. and Sturman, M. (2017). How hotel owner-operator goal congruence and GM autonomy influence hotel performance. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 61 (2), 119-128.
- Roper, A and Hodari, D. (2015). Strategy Tools: Contextual Factors Impacting Use and Usefulness. Tourism Management, 51 (December), 1-12.
- Turner, M., Hodari, D. & Blal, I. (2016). Hotel Management Agreements in Ivanov, S. & Magnini, V. (Eds.). The Routledge Handbook of Hotel Chain Management. Routledge
- Hodari, D. (2016). Feasibility Studies in Jafari, J. & Xiao, H. (Eds.) Encyclopedia of Tourism, Springer Reference.
- Hodari, D. and Samson, D. (2014). Settling for Less: The Institutionalization of the Hotel Feasibility Study, Journal of Hospitality Financial Management, 24 (2), 97-110
- Hodari, D. and Sturman, M. (2014). Who’s in Charge Now? The Decision Autonomy of Hotel General Managers, Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 55(4), 433-447
- Hodari, D., Waldthausen, V. and Sturman, M. (2014) Outsourcing and Role Stress: An Empirical Study of Hotel Spa Managers. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 37 (2), 190-199
- EHL Researcher of the Year (2014 and 2018)
- Emerald/EMFD Outstanding Doctoral Research Award (2010)