Dr Demian Hodari is Associate Professor of Strategic Management at Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne. He was previously a hotel general manager and the president of an independent hotel management and consulting company and has worked on four continents. In addition to teaching undergraduate and graduate level classes, Dr Hodari frequently provides consulting, executive education and strategic planning facilitation for international hotel companies, hotel owners, and individual properties. He currently sits on the board of directors of several hotel companies. Dr Hodari regularly speaks at industry events and his research is published in the leading hospitality management journals. He has raised nearly 200,000 Swiss Francs in research funding from the private and public sectors and his research has been awarded prestiges prizes from numerous organisations. Dr Hodari holds a PhD from the University of Surrey, a Masters from Cornell University, and a B.A. from Georgetown University.
Dr Demian Hodari
- Développement d'entreprise
- Roper, A and Hodari, D. (2015). Strategy Tools: Contextual Factors Impacting Use and Usefulness. Tourism Management, 51 (December), 1-12.
- Hodari, D. and Sturman, M. (2014). Who’s in Charge Now? The Decision Autonomy of Hotel General Managers, Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 55(4), 433-447.
- EHL Researcher of the Year (2014, 2018)
- Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Award in the area of Hospitality Management (2010)