Dr Stefano Borzillo
Dr Stefano Borzillo is an Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior and Associate Dean of Undergraduate Program at Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne. He obtained his Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from the University of Geneva and was a Visiting Research Fellow at the Stern School of Business (New York University). His main fields of research are communities of practice, processes of knowledge creation, and best practice transfers in organizations. Dr Stefano Borzillo has also published in peer-reviewed journals such as European Management Journal, Journal of Business Strategy, Management Learning, Knowledge Management Research & Practice, and Journal of Knowledge Management. Stefano has multiple experiences in Executive Education, and in consulting for SMEs and large organizations.
Dr Stefano Borzillo
Associate Professor - Associate Dean of Undergraduate Program
- Comportements Organisationnels
- Ressources humaines
- Challenges to the learning organization in the context of generational diversity and social networks
- Governance and typology of communitites of practice
- Leveraging the external social network of companies to stimulate innovation
- Kaminska, R., Borzillo, S. (2018). Challenges to the learning organization in the context of generational diversity and social networks, The Learning Organization, 25 (2), pp.92-101
- Borzillo, S. (2017). Balancing control and autonomy in communities of practice: governance patterns and knowledge in nine multinationals, Journal of Business Strategy, vol 38(3), pp.10-20.
- Josserand, E., Schmitt, A., Borzillo, S. (2017). Balancing present needs and future options: how employees leverage social networks with clients, Journal of Business Strategy, vol.38(1), pp.14-21.
- Borzillo, S., Kaminska, R. (2016). Organizing for Sustained Innovation: the Role of Knowledge Flows within and between Organizational Communities, Knowledge Management Research & Practice, 14(1), pp. 46-54.
- Bardon, T., Borzillo, S. (2015). Communities of Practice: Control or Autonomy?, Journal of Business Strategy, 37(1), pp. 11-18.
- Harvey, J.F, Cohendet, P., Simon, L., Borzillo, S. (2015). Knowing Communities in the Front End of Innovation, Research-Technology Management, 58(1), pp. 46-54.
- Schwenger, D., Straub, T., Borzillo, S. (2014). Non-Governmental Organizations: Strategic Management for a Competitive World, Journal of Business Strategy, 35(4), pp. 11-19.
- Schiavone, F., Borzillo, S. (2014). Creating Technological Knowledge in Vintage Communities of Practice, Journal of Knowledge Management, 18(5), pp. 991-1003.
- Kaehr, C. & Borzillo, S. (2013). Founder succession in new ventures: the human perspective, Journal of Business Strategy, vol. 34(5), pp. 12-24.
- Borzillo, S., Schmitt, A., Antino, M. (2012). Communities of practice: keeping the company agile, Journal of Business Strategy , vol.33(6), pp. 22-30.
- Schmitt, A., Borzillo, S. , Probst, G. (2011). Don’t Let Knowledge Walk Away: Knowledge Retention during Employee Downsizing, Management Learning, vol. 43(1), pp. 53-74.
- Borzillo, S., Kaminska-Labbé, R. (2011). Unraveling the Dynamics of Knowledge Creation in Communities of Practice through Complexity Theory Lenses, Knowledge Management Research and Practice, vol. 9, pp. 353-366.
- Borzillo, S., Aznar, S., Schmitt, A. (2011). A journey through communities of practice: why and how members move from the periphery to the core, European Management Journal, vol. 29 (1), pp. 25-42.
- Borzillo, S., Kamiska-Labbé, R. (2011). Step-in or Step-out: How to Support Innovation through Communities of Practice, Journal of Business Strategy, vol. 32(3), pp. 29-36.
- Borzillo, S. (2009). Top management sponsorship to guide communities of practice, Journal of Knowledge Management, vol. 13 (3), pp. 60-72.
- Probst, G., Borzillo, S. (2008). Why communities of practice succeed and why they fail, The European Management Journal, vol.26 (5), pp. 335-347.
- Borzillo, S., Probst, G. & Raisch, S. (2008). The Governance Paradox: Balancing Autonomy and Control in Managing Communities of Practice, published in the Academy of Management Best Papers Proceedings 2008.
- Probst, G. & Borzillo, S. (2007). Piloter les communautés de pratique avec succès, La Revue Française de Gestion, vol.170, 135-153.