Isabella Blengin, PhD, is an Assistant Professor in Economics at Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne, she teaches the courses of microeconomics and hospitality economics in the bachelor and in the online MBA program. After taking her PhDs at the University of Milano and at Boston College, she did a post-doc at the University of Lausanne. She has been visiting fellow in the economics department at MIT and summer intern at the Boston Fed. Isabella’s most recent research project relates to exchange rate and hospitality, and examines how exchange rate appreciations affect the different sub-sectors of the Swiss hospitality industry. The goal is to give concrete instructions to hospitality industry practitioners to allow them to better protect themselves from exchange rate fluctuations. Other projects include theoretical analyses on optimal monetary policy with endogenous information, foreign currency denominated debt and optimal portfolio allocation under uncertainty.
Dr Isabella Blengini
- Benhima, K and Blengini, I., Optimal Monetary Policy when Information is Market-Generated, Economic Journal, forthcoming.
- Auboin, M. and Blengini, I. (2019), The Impact of Basel III on Trade Finance: the Potential Unintended Consequences of the Leverage Ratio, Journal of Banking Regulation, Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 115-123, June 2019. ISSN: 1745-6452 (Print) 1750-2071 (Online)
- Yoonjoung Heo, C. and Blengini, I. (2019).A macroeconomic perspective on Airbnb’s global presence, International Journal of Hospitality Management, Volume 78, Pages 47-49.
- Auboin, M., & Blengini, I. (2014), The impact of Basel III on Trade Finance: The Potential Unintended Consequences of the Leverage Ratio, CESifo Working Paper No. 4953 (submitted)
- Benhima, K., & Blengini, I. (2017), Optimal Monetary Policy with Endogenous Information, R&R.
- Blengini, I. (2012), Foreign currency debt and agents’ expectations, FINRISK working paper No. 767.
- Blengini, I. (2012), Portfolio Choice under Uncertainty, FINRISK working paper No. 768.
- H. Michael Mann Summer Fellowship Award, Summer 2008 Boston College Graduate Scholarship, September 2006-May 2011
- Prize "Fausto Vicarelli" for best Undergraduate Thesis in Italy, 2004