UPDATE: 16 March 2020, 15:00
The following page provides the latest updates for the EHL Community on the covid 19 situation and how it is handled by our on-campus and off-campus teams. : https://info.ehl.edu/en/ehl-campus-lausanne-passugg-singapore-coronavirus-covid-19-info
5 March 2020, 8:00
Since the beginning of the Coronavirus epidemic, a dedicated EHL Task Force has been monitoring the situation closely and liaising with International SOS and the relevant Swiss health authorities.
There are presently no cases of coronavirus found among the EHL community and the few suspected cases of have been handled. As of 5 March 2020:
- 2 people have been placed in quarantine and do not present any symptoms after having had contact with a person outside of the EHL Community who was infected
- 1 person who had been placed in quarantine following contact with an infected person outside of EHL has been tested negative for the coronavirus and may return to normal activities
- 1 person presenting symptoms has been tested and authorities have confirmed that it is not a case of coronavirus
The following special measures are implemented at EHL to protect the entire EHL Community and external visitors on campus:
- All student and staff travel is forbidden to countries identified with a higher risk of contagion. The travel ban list is updated as the situation evolves and refers to the official list of countries from the Federal Office of Public Health.
- All non-essential travel must be avoided, even to areas which do not present a higher risk of contagion. • Home office is implemented for staff based in countries at higher risk.
- External events where there may be people who have recently traveled to one of the countries affected must be avoided.
- Restrictions for external visitors are being formalized and will be communicated asap.
- Intensified cleaning schedule in toilets, residences and public areas at reception, food court and Hall N
- Use of disinfectant for handrails and door handles, and higher frequency for waste removal with systematic disinfection of the bins.
- Increased hygiene measures at the food court with namely mandatory hand sanitization upon entrance, new cutlery trays and wrapped self-service plates.
- Special measures are being implemented F&B outlets to provide additional protection against contagion.
- Protective masks are available for all students and staff at the infirmary and at the reception for all external visitors.
- Hand sanitizers have been distributed around all public areas of the campus.
- 3 sessions with a representative from the Cantonal Medical Office has visited the campus and presented an update on the current situation and their specific recommendations.
- Procedure for the identification and care for people infected has been put in place.
- A quarantine plan has been prepared by the task force and validated by the Cantonal Medical Office should a case be identified or the need arise. Home quarantine of people having been in countries at risk is however discouraged by the Cantonal Medical Office.
- The EHL health service has been reinforced to ensure that all questions or concerns can be addressed efficiently.
- Signage has been posted around campus to inform people on how to protect themselves and others.
- A dedicated intranet page provides regular updates to students and staff, and all relevant local and international contacts.
- Students who arrived mid February were informed of the risks and symptoms to look out for. They have also been requested to provide information on any recent travel to Mainland China to ensure that the EHL health services can support them with additional information on precautionary measures they may take.
In line with the above, EHL has decided to postpone or cancel upcoming events on campus. You will be informed on the logistics of these events and any changes to the schedule by the relevant teams. If you have not received any information, please email your EHL contact.
EHL Lausanne events cancelled or postponed include, but are not limited to:
- Career Fair – new date TBD
- Young Hoteliers Summit – new date TBD
- March Selection Days – contact your Recruitment Officer for alternative procedure
- Taste of EHL – contact email@example.com
As the global situation of Covid-19 can evolve very rapidly, we remain on high alert and may cancel or postpone other events scheduled in the coming months according to the latest recommendations from the official health authorities. Decisions will be made in due course according to the latest information available.
The safety of our students and staff is our priority, and the EHL task force remains on high alert to implement any recommended new measures as the situation develops. The measures are reviewed and adapted daily to ensure appropriate precautions are taken. Plans have been prepared and approved by the local health authorities for this sort of situation.