How to Apply for the MBA in Hospitality
To start the application process, we invite you to read the information on this page carefully, prepare your documents and complete the online application. An admissions officer will contact you.
Are you EHL graduate school quality?
At EHL, we take a comprehensive approach to admissions. We look for candidates with the intellectual capacity to handle a challenging academic program and the interpersonal skills and customer orientation necessary to succeed as future global hospitality managers. You should demonstrate a good mix of the following qualities:
- Motivation and talent for the industry
- Academic aptitude
- Work experience and leadership potential
- International outlook and cultural openness
Would you like to receive quick feedback on whether you qualify for our program? Do you need some advice to complete your application? Fill in the form with your CV and we'll get in touch with you.
Admissions Requirements for the MBA in Hospitality
- A bachelor’s degree in hospitality or tourism from an accredited institution of higher education
- A bachelor’s degree in other relevant fields, such as business management, with professional experience in hospitality or customer-facing functions, may be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
Professional: Demonstrated leadership potential. Minimum of three years’ experience in the hospitality or tourism industry.
English language: Candidates must demonstrate collegiate-level skills in the English language.
Candidates whose first language is not English must provide one of the following evidence:
- Obtained a minimum score of 100 on the TOEFL iBT or 7.0 on the IELTS exams; test result must have been awarded no more than two years prior to the proposed date of enrolment.
- Completed a Bachelor and/or a Master degree in English*
- Demonstrate a minimum of 6 years of work experience in a full English environment*
*EHL reserves the right to request an English certificate following the selection interview.
EF (Education First) is happy to offer EHL candidates 10% discount on their different language programs around the world.
Start Dates & Deadlines
Start Dates: March and August
March intake: 1 November & 1 February
August intake: 1 May & 1 July
There are two application deadlines for each intake, allowing the Admissions Office to build a dynamic and diverse student body. Applying early gives you the advantage of securing your seat and time to prepare for your studies.
Step 1. Online Application
All of these documents must be submitted electronically via the online application form, except for the original copy of your transcripts and diploma, which you will be required to provide later.
- A resume or CV
- Copy of your passport/s
- Copy of transcripts & diploma
- Proof of English level (for non-native English speakers)
- A letter of recommendation from an academic or professional reference
- Motivation letter
When you have uploaded all of the required documents, please finalize your application by paying your application fee of CHF 175.
Step 2. Admissions Interview
Once you have submitted a complete application, our Admissions Team will evaluate it and contact you if you are selected for an interview. The interview is conducted on campus or by video conference.
Step 3. Final Decision
Final decisions will be made by the Admissions Committee after an evaluation of your complete application file and interviews. Allow a minimum of 2 weeks after the second interview to receive your final decision.