How to Apply for the Executive MBA in Hospitality
To start the application process, we invite you to read the information on this page carefully, prepare your documents and complete the online application. An admissions officer will contact you.
Are you EHL graduate school quality?
At EHL, we take a comprehensive approach to admissions. We look for candidates with the intellectual capacity to handle a challenging academic program and the interpersonal skills and customer orientation necessary to succeed as future global hospitality managers. You should demonstrate a good mix of the following qualities:
- Motivation and talent for the industry
- Academic aptitude
- Work experience and leadership potential
- International outlook and cultural openness
We invite you to learn more about the admissions requirements here below. Our dedicated Admissions Team is here to help if you have any questions about eligibility and the application process.
Admissions requirements for the Executive MBA in Hospitality
- Academic: A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- GMAT / GRE: A GMAT or GRE score.
- Professional: A minimum of three years of full-time work experience with at least two years at supervisory level or with managerial responsibilities.
- English language: For non-native English speakers: a minimum score of 100 on the TOEFL or 7.0 on the IELTS exams.
- Minimum age is 25 at start of the program.
Start Dates & Deadlines
The next start date for the EMBA in Hospitality Administration is in September (every year).
01 May 2019: application deadline for applicants requiring visas (list of countries available below)
01 July 2019: application deadline for applicants not requiring visas
Step 1. Online Application
All of these documents must be submitted electronically via the online application form, except for the original of your diploma, which you will be required to provide on arrival at EHL.
- A resume or CV
- Copy of your passport/s
- Proof of English level (for non-native English speakers)
- Letter of recommendation from an academic or professional reference
- Motivation letter (if applicable)
- GMAT or GRE results
When you have uploaded all of the required documents, please finalize your application by paying your application fee of CHF 175.
Step 2. Admissions Interview
Once you have submitted a complete application, our Admissions Team will evaluate it and contact you if you are selected for an interview. The interview is conducted on campus or by video conference.
Step 3. Final Decision
Final decisions will be made by the Admissions Committee after an evaluation of your complete application file and interview. Allow a minimum of 2 weeks after the second interview to receive your final decision.
Please choose one of the following topics for your essay, so that we can learn more about you, your ambitions and your interests:
- Which current trend in the hospitality industry fascinates you most? What role do you see yourself playing in this industry in the future?
- Choose an achievement and a failure from your professional or personal life and describe why you see each experience as such. What lessons did you learn from each?
Your essay should be at least 500 words long.
Please type your name on each page.
If you are a career switcher please write a 1 page motivation letter ‘why you wish to switch to hospitality’.
Would you like to receive quick feedback on whether you qualify for our program? Do you need some advice to complete your application? Fill in the form with your CV and we'll get in touch with you.