How to apply for the Master’s in Hospitality
To start the application process, we invite you to read the information on this page carefully, prepare your documents and complete the online application. An admissions officer will contact you.
Are you EHL graduate school quality?
At EHL, we take a comprehensive approach to admissions. We look for candidates with the intellectual capacity to handle a challenging academic program and the interpersonal skills and customer orientation necessary to succeed as future global hospitality managers. You should demonstrate a good mix of the following qualities:
- Motivation and talent for the industry
- Academic aptitude for critical thinking and creativity
- Work experience and leadership potential
- International outlook and cultural openness
We invite you to learn more about the admissions requirements and processes. Our dedicated Admissions Team is here to help if you have any questions about eligibility and the application process.
Admissions requirements for the MSc in Global Hospitality Business
- A recognized bachelor’s degree in hospitality or tourism, or a related field such as business management. An excellent academic record (final GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 cumulative average scale).
Professional: A minimum of one year of work experience in the hospitality or tourism industry (including internships).
English language: For non-native English speakers: a minimum score of 100 on the TOEFL or 7.0 on the IELTS exams.
Language Programs EF (Education First) is happy to offer EHL candidates 10% discount on their different language programs around the world.
Start dates & deadlines
- The next start date for the MSc in Global Hospitality is September every year
- Application deadline for all candidates is April 1, 2019
- Candidates should apply to one school only
Step 1. Online Application
All of these documents must be submitted electronically via the online application form.
- Your CV / resume
- Copy of your transcripts and diplomas in English
- Personal Statement (at least 500 words)
- Proof of English level (for non-native English speakers)
- Copy of your passport/s
- One recent Employers Reference
- One Letter of recommendation (format dowloadable below) from an academic or professional reference
When you have uploaded all of the required documents, please finalize your application by paying your application fee of CHF 175.
Step 2. Admissions Interviews
Once you have submitted a complete application, our Admissions Team will contact you to organize the first of 2 interviews (on campus or by video conference). Upon successful completion of the first interview, a second interview will be organized with one of the program's partner universities.
Step 3. Final Decision
Final decisions will be made by the Admissions Committee after an evaluation of your complete application file and interviews. Allow a minimum of 4 weeks after the second interview to receive your final decision.
Would you like to receive a quick feedback on whether you qualify for our program? Do you need some advice to complete your application?
Fill in the form with your CV and we'll get in touch with you.