Semester 2: Hong KongThe Hong Kong Polytechnic University, School of Hospitality and Tourism Management - Kowloon, Hong Kong
Operations and strategic decision-making in Asia Pacific
During the second semester, you will explore the core subjects that are key to strategic decision-making within operations management. You will learn to apply key concepts in each subject area. Advanced courses include:
- revenue management
- marketing management
- service quality management
Doing Deals & Valuing Hotels by HVS
In this professional certificate, you’ll learn management contract negotiation and valuation techniques for hotel real estate from experts at the world’s largest hotel valuation company.
Visits to Macao have featured:
- A behind-the-scenes look at Wynn Macao
- Exploring Macao’s luxury hotels, including The Ritz-Carlton, JW Marriott, Banyan Tree and St. Regis.
- Key insights about Macao’s tourism development and strategy
Visits to Shanghai have featured:
- Touring the regional corporate offices of the InterContinental Hotel Group
- Explorations of luxury, boutique and budget hotels, including The Ritz-Carlton Pudong, Hotel Indigo on the Bund, and Home Inn
Visits to Beijing have featured:
- Behind-the-scenes looks at Chinese hotel brands, including Tangla Hotel and The Emperor
Locations are subject to change based on market trends.