Federal loan program for U.S. citizens and permanent residents

EHL is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a Title IV institution in accordance with the Higher Education Act of 1965. This allows U.S. citizens and permanent residents to apply for the following types of loans to help pay for their studies at EHL:

  • Direct Subsidized Loan
  • Direct Unsubsidized Loan
  • Direct PLUS Loan

Students who would like to take advantage of this loan program should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid at the FASFA website. Please note that EHL's school code is G12096.

Once the FAFSA is submitted, the student must complete entrance counseling and sign a Master Promissory Note. In order to get a PLUS loan, a second MPN must be signed, either by the student's parents if the student is a dependent, or by the student if he or she is no longer a dependent.

For more information, visit StudentLoans.gov. You will need your Social Security number to create a Federal Student Aid ID to log in.

American students who are interested in this loan program must contact EHL's Financial Aid office to get further information and, if applicable, a loan proposal.

U.S. Federal Student Aid recipients have to meet specific requirements during their studies. Please download and carefully read the Rules and Regulations document provided below.

Private loans for American students

SallieMae offers private student loans also known as Smart Option Student Loans. Further information is available on the SallieMae website.

Students interested in this option can apply online on the OpenNet website. 


Related Documents

Back to Top